.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Settling In/Settling Down



Things have settled into a kind of rhythm here. No longer writing with the kind of intensity as the first week, but I'm not totally stuck either. It's taken a while to figure out what feels comfortable. A little bit of nonfiction, some reading. A little bit of fiction. I'm trying not to push too hard.

I'm staying up very late these days, and sleeping late. It's great to have the luxury of being the night owl I naturally am. Last night was the first clear night since arriving and we took a foray down to the dock to look at stars. I think it was about twenty degrees out and I lasted about five minutes. Beautiful, but boy that winter is coming in. My persimmon colored fleece gloves just arrived from LLBean, and just in time.

A few people went away for the weekend, or had visiting friends, and the dinner table felt "empty" with only a dozen people instead of twenty. It's a quiet weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>