.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Monday, October 10, 2005

Transition is Hard

My daughter just asked me if I'm excited about going to Blue Mountain. It was a hard one to answer. It feel so surreal right now. I feel like I've been a bit in denial, getting ready for her birthday, wrapping things up at work, doing a million last minute errands (smacking forehead: I need to go back to Rite-Aid to get my prescription refills), that I haven't been able to think about it much. I wish I had two more days to get ready. Instead, I have to be at the airport at 6am tomorrow. My next post will be from Blue Mountain.

Watching the forecasts at Weather.com have made me nervous. It looks like ten straight days of rain coming up, and temperatures down into the forties. But maybe that's what I need: a little rain so that I will cozy up inside, so that I won't be distracted by canoeing on the lovely lake or taking long hikes. Maybe I will just turn inward, to the story and the words I've been away from for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>