.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Sunday, January 29, 2006

More Readings @ Home


Last night I held another home reading, a literary series I've dubbed the
Shepherd Canyon Reading Series.
Parent authors from the Neighborhood Parents' Network read from Using Our Words, a fantastic local anthology. The writing was terrific, and read to a nearly-full house in spite of the rain. It was so great to see old friends (hi Valerie! Hi Rani!) that I hadn't seen in a really long time, and great to meet new people who are bonding over great writing and books.

I just got news that Joy Castro, a good friend and one of the first contributors to my anthology, A Ghost At Heart's Edge, will be in town briefly this week. Happily, I was able to book her for a reading for Shepherd Canyon this Friday night. Bay Area people, please come. Joy is an exquisite writer and a beautiful person, and her book will move you to tears and awe. Non-Bay Area people, you can order her book tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>