.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Famous People Blogs


Now that I've entered the blogosphere, I'm fascinated by other peoples' blogs, and intrigued by famous people who blog. I was startled to discover that David Byrne, from the Talking Heads, keeps a blog, and I get to see what movies he goes to (apparently he was quite taken by Q'oriana Kilcher in The New World, and that he recently visited San Francisco. It's interesting reading his musings.
I wonder then if other qualities besides selfhood that we think of as being unique to ourselves and to human being in general are also present in the animal kingdom? If animals and even insects have “personalities” then do they also have morality? A sense of right and wrong? It’s not so crazy. Right and wrong could be notions that lend an evolutionary advantage and foster social well-being, and therefore survival of the group. So why shouldn’t animals have these principles too?


I was thrilled to find a "blog" by Jeff Bridges (whom I've loved ever since "Starman")which is, wildly, all scribbles and colors and drawings. It's cool to look at.

Rosie O'Donnell has a fantastic blog that is written in this great, haiku-esque form.

christiane amanpour on larry king
telling the truth
iraq has been a disaster
this administration has prevented
the showing of coffins
the funerals of the war dead
the real cost of this manufactured war

there is no freedom of press in america

thank god 4 her


and

parker is up to fractions
god help me
4/5th of 1730
no idea


made me totally crack up.

3 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

the best blogs are by wil wheaton (www.wilwheaton.net) and margaret cho (www.margaretcho.com/blog)!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Christine, I love Margaret Cho's blog. That's where I saw that MadTV spoof clip of "Memoirs of a Geisha" and nearly wet my pants laughing.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:21:00 AM

 
Blogger mel said...

omg, I went to Rosie O'Donnell's - she's on Flickr!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>