.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Deadlines Have Passed


Well, all the deadlines for 2006 residencies/colonies have officially passed by now. I haven't applied anywhere, and I guess that's okay. I think it has something to do with just having returned from Blue Mountain in November, and having a hard time imagining going anywhere again anytime soon. So it looks like 2007 will be the next opportunity.
But I have two friends who are finalists for residencies at Hedgebrook, and other friends who have applied to MacDowell and Blue Mountain, and I feel a little bit like a high school senior who isn't applying to college. I want to experience that fat envelope/thin envelope thrill in April, or whenever they notify people. I'm just not going to be on that boat this year, though.

I'll be content with brief forays to Santa Sabina though, and I might take my aunt-and-uncle-in-law up on their generous standing offer to let me do a mini-residency at a little apartment they own in Asheville, North Carolina. They are two of the loveliest people I know, and they've offered to feed me and give me peace and quiet. (he is a wonderful writer in his own right, and even penned a cool mystery novel a few years back) Maybe I'll just stay home. I hope I won't be chomping at the bit later in the year, wishing I'd applied somewhere, but for now I'm happy to stay home for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

We can take a retreat together. :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

That sounds good. That sounds very, very good.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:37:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>