.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Friday, August 12, 2005

Ideal Vacation


My idea of the best vacation ever doesn't have anything to do with a great view, or cool places to sightsee, or skiing or jumping out of airplanes or anything like that. My best vacation is one where I can really work (= write). Hanging out with my best friend, who also happens to be a writer, walking and talking endlessly about plot, character development, and sentences. Having the children happily occupied with some activity while I scribble, read, discuss and dream. Having my spouse go off and do highly athletic things with his cousin-buddy, and then have us all get together for dinner at night.

Most people go on vacation to avoid work. My favorite vacations (and the reason I love colonies) are ones that allow me to work MORE. (true work, I suppose: heart work)

So I'll be gone until August 22nd, hopefully happily working. Have a great week, all.

3 Comments:

Blogger C(h)ristine said...

Ooooh -- have a GREAT time. I wish you much creativity and energy!

Friday, August 12, 2005 4:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Masha said...

A report, please....


xom

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:12:00 AM

 
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
/body>