.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Friday, August 12, 2005

Ideal Vacation


My idea of the best vacation ever doesn't have anything to do with a great view, or cool places to sightsee, or skiing or jumping out of airplanes or anything like that. My best vacation is one where I can really work (= write). Hanging out with my best friend, who also happens to be a writer, walking and talking endlessly about plot, character development, and sentences. Having the children happily occupied with some activity while I scribble, read, discuss and dream. Having my spouse go off and do highly athletic things with his cousin-buddy, and then have us all get together for dinner at night.

Most people go on vacation to avoid work. My favorite vacations (and the reason I love colonies) are ones that allow me to work MORE. (true work, I suppose: heart work)

So I'll be gone until August 22nd, hopefully happily working. Have a great week, all.

1 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

Ooooh -- have a GREAT time. I wish you much creativity and energy!

Friday, August 12, 2005 4:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>