.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Simple Things Meme

I've been tagged by Christine! to do the Simple Things Meme. Hmmm...

"Instructions: Name 10 of life's simple pleasures that you like the most, then pick 10 people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used."

1. Writing in a big fat Michael Rogers spiral notebook, paired with a microfine pen.
2. The silence at Santa Sabina.
3. My husband reading to me in bed. (from The New Yorker, or Gilead, or Rilke or Neruda)
4. Feeling very homesick for our traveling daughter and then hearing her happy, excited voice on the phone.
5. Watching our adorable, hyper dog leap around in circles until she is totally exhausted.
6. Afternoon naps.
7. Receiving a real letter, in handwriting, in an envelope in the mailbox.
8. Hearing our younger daughter say "Good night mommy good night daddy" right before she goes to sleep. For a moment she sounds like she's about four, even though she's twelve. It's a very sweet thing to hear.
9. Walking in the woods with my iPod, and having about two dozen intense memory flashbacks, depending on what songs shuffle into my head.
10. Just having finished a really hard workout.

I'm tagging: anyone out there who reads this and has a blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

niiiice list. :) lots of warm fuzzy inspiring items!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for the meme! I did one too on my blog and it made me feel really good afterwards!! :)

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>