.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Where I've Been



create your own visited countries map

Thanks to Libby, who has pointed out a site where you can map out all the places in the world you've seen. So it turns out I've been to twelve countries, or 5% of the countries in the world. Interesting map, isn't it? My travels have pretty much been limited to North and Central America, and little bits of Asia. I've never been to Europe, Africa or other huge swaths of earth. I've got some traveling to do!

It turns out I've seen a lot more of the United States than the world. My father was a traveling salesman, and even though we lived in New Jersey, his territory ranged from Virginia through Georgia. We spent many summers driving with him to trade shows to and from our vacations in Florida. So we covered most of the Southeast states that way. In the summers, I went to camp in New Hampshire, and sometimes to Cape Cod with my cousins, so that was New England. After graduating from college, my best friend and I took a mad cross country trip, trying to hit as many national parks, friends and relatives as possible. So it was a pretty zigzaggy route, and we crossed a lot of states.


create your own visited states map

1 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

This is impressive! I've been to more states that I realized, but not very many countries, unfortunately (and I was tempted to cheat by counting airport layovers...but I couldn't do it!).

Friday, March 03, 2006 9:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>