.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Running on Empty


I've been running on fumes for the past couple of weeks - constantly running behind, running late, forgetting things, not sleeping enough. There is just too much going on. I haven't been able to attend to the most basic tasks of life. The blogging has, obviously, gone out the window.

Today, I put my head down for a "brief nap" and ended up sleeping for over three hours. I guess I really needed it. It meant that I missed my first-ever audition for a television commercial (which would have paid more than my last book contract!), but I just couldn't rally myself to do it. Every day, I have to make decisions to jettison stuff.

I'm really glad that I got a little refueling last night. I went to this fabulous Moroccan restaurant with my beloved Rice Papers writing group (Asian American women writers, now starting our 15th year together!). It was so much fun (belly dancing in a line together); the food was delicious, beautiful and nourishing, but the company was even better. I need more of this.

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Oh, it's definitely good to refuel. Rest. Nourish. Nap.

We should do this every few months or so and try a new restaurant. Or going back to Moroccan food is good too!

Saturday, March 18, 2006 4:34:00 PM

 
Blogger xtinehlee said...

oh, what a wonderful reason to retreat from teh world! to rest and relax. :)

hope you got it today!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:19:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>