.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Nerds Having Fun



When I was at Blue Mountain, we nerdy writers would spend our evening hours playing games like Scrabble and Dictionary. I was in HEAVEN. I love those word games. Today at my Rice Papers gathering (Asian American women writers) we pulled out a game of Balderdash (a version of Dictionary) and just laughed our faces off. It was really too fun for words.

I'm now toying with the idea of holding a monthly (?) Game Night for Nerds. Scrabble, Dictionary, Boggle, and other wordy diversions.

Quick? What do you think the word SWOW means?

Post your guesses. Best one gets a prize from me. Real answer comes in a day or two.

6 Comments:

Blogger gayle said...

SWOW--a magnificent female pig. Much easier to say than "Wow, what a sow!" :)

xo
gayle (a fellow game nerd)

Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:25:00 PM

 
Blogger xtinehlee said...

"swollen vaginal area after giving childbirth..."

Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

That's funny gayle. Yesterday another definition was that it was a contraction for "So, wow, women!"

Christine: no comment! :-)

Monday, December 05, 2005 7:30:00 AM

 
Blogger mel said...

I second Christine's guess! ;)

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Okay, I think Gayle has won, because Christine and Melanie were THERE, and they know the real definition!

SWOW: "to make a loud noise"

So go out there and swow your heads off!

Gayle gets a prize. Watch your snail mail!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:23:00 AM

 
Blogger gayle said...

Woo hoo! What fun! I'm Swowing like crazy (and my nether regions are smarting from the memory of childbirth for some reason...)

Thanks, Susan!

xo
gayle

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 1:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>