.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Susan Ito trying to do it all: reading writing mothering spousing daughtering working living

Monday, November 21, 2005

A Beautiful and Delicious Book



Sometime last year, North Atlantic Books (who published my adoption anthology, A Ghost At Heart's Edge) contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in editing a unique book "about food and love." These being two of my favorite subjects, I agreed to meet the author-artist. Cleo Papanikolas is an incredibly talented and appealing artist who works in water color and collage. I was completely taken by her beautiful art work and fascinated by the stories with mouth-watering descriptions of food. We started on a journey of editing and revision, and Cleo wrapped it all up in an impressive amount of time, right before her baby Jack was born.

The book was just released, and it is gorgeous. I was also tickled to see the prettiest acknowledgement I've ever received (my name in beautiful calligraphy, above a luscious looking pastry). This is a fabulous gift for the foodies in your life. Congrats Cleo!

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Oh, it looks like delectable reading...and what a fabulous title! There's another one for my Amazon cart.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Cleo just got a fabulous writeup in the SF Chronicle -- I'm thrilled for her.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/30/EBGKKFMRQM1.DTL&hw=Cleo+Papanikolas&sn=001&sc=1000

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>